Mind over Matter philosophy has been shaped by inspirational words said by some really great people.
We believe that
– to SUCCEED, a child should develop unbeatable SELF-BELIEF (“All battles are first won or lost in the mind.” – Joan of Arc).
– to achieve success, the child needs to prepare well and UNDERSTAND the concepts and their applications (“Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity” – Henry L Hartman, Author).
– understanding comes from EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING and not merely by hearing or reading (“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” – Confucius)
– when the child tries learning new things by doing them, sometimes there will be failure. It’s important to master the means to bounce back from failure, have the GRIT AND DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED (“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.” – Confucius)
– learning is a lifelong process and we have an opportunity to learn everyday provided we are equipped. A child’s CURIOSITY NEEDS TO BE NURTURED so that he/she attains knowledge on a continuous basis to become a self learner (“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.” – Chinese Proverb)